I can’t believe it’s already October! That means yet another monthly income report for this blog. It’s been quite a month! As you might know, August was a month of growth for my blog, but September has really blown that out of the water! Let’s dive into the September 2020 monthly income report.
Keeping Up With The Season
One of the reasons my blog had grown so much in August was because of my dorm room posts. It was back-to-school season and tons of people wanted decor ideas. I was nervous about where that would leave me in September. I decided to write two Halloween posts, and both of them really blew up! I’m no longer writing on a set schedule, but I hope to add more posts in October.
I wrote a little about finding balance in my last monthly report, but I’m still working on it. In early September, I adopted a cat! His name is Katsu, and he’s absolutely adorable. He’s been the center of my attention, and I spend all my free time reading up on cats. I’ve always been a dog person, but I think I’m slowly falling own the hole of crazy cat ladies.
Training at work has officially wrapped up, and I’m stepping into my new role soon. It means a lot of working and OT (I had a 5 AM meeting just two weeks ago!), so I’m trying to figure out how to squeeze in rest and a blog as well. That’s alright! Things should get settled in the next two weeks, and I’ll be able to figure out my schedule once more.
September 2020 Goals
- Maintain my schedule. Post based on season and trends!
- Have 3-4 posts in each category. I mostly need to build up my Travel category.
- Reach 3000 sessions.
- No goals in terms of income.
- No goals for email subscribers, but I want to continue to do my monthly newsletters.
September 2020 Stats
- 3 posts based on season/trends. 2 trending (Halloween costume ideas and Halloween party food ideas).
- I STILL need to build up my Travel category.
- Reached 9000 sessions!!!
- Income: Total ($35.52) [Amazon Affiliates ($23.78); Google Adsense ($11.74; a bit less luck with clicks this time around)]
October 2020 Goals
- Build a schedule. At least 4 posts (1x a week!).
- I STILL need to build up my Travel category. I might try for a cat category! Travel also isn’t the biggest thing right now (pandemic!!), so it can wait.
- Reach 10,000 sessions. One of my posts went viral with ~2,700 views. Not sure if I’ll be able to maintain this in this coming month.
- Income: $40 total. I don’t really have any income goals EVER, but just going to try and throw this out here. Let’s see how it goes!
I’m always nervous to throw numbers into my goals, because there’s the fear that I won’t be able to meet them. I’m going to try with these numerical goals this time around, but my biggest focus, of course, is writing content that I believe is helpful.
I’m thinking of channeling my obsession with my cat into my blog. We’ll see how this goes! There might be a new category of blog posts coming soon!